"The BC Strength 45-Degree Hyper is the best 45 degree hyper on the market. Why? Because nobody does more 45 degree hypers than we do. They're used in all of my programs, and everyone at Glute Lab does them religiously. It took us 2 years to perfect this model because we wanted to produce 1) the most effective unit for performing the variations, 2) a unit that accommodated a 5 foot tall individual all the way up to a 6 foot 6 individual, 3) a unit that could be broken down to ship cost effectively. There are no other units out there that satisfy all 3 of these requirements.
The band pegs are the same concept I designed for my BC Strength Thruster. It makes the most sense to have T-pegs in order to easiestly load the bands and to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on the bands. The thigh pads are angled in to maximize the comfortability of the movement. The handle makes it easy to adjust. And the colors, sleek design, and durability of the unit make it something you'll be very proud to put in your home, garage, studio, or gym for many years to come.
At Glute Lab, we perform a variety of 45 degree hyper variations. Beginners master two bodyweight variations: the neutral/neutral method (feet straight and torso straight), and the glute dominant method (feet flared out and rounded back). The former works the entire posterior chain including the erectors, whereas the latter makes it more of a hip extensor movement by eliminating erector involvement and increasing gluteal contribution. Once these become easy, clients can do pulses (top half reps) or prisoner style (hands placed behind the neck), or utilize resistance. We primarily perform resisted hypers by either holding onto a dumbbell, or by placing a resistance band around the upper back (or neck). Dumbbells work the entire range of motion whereas bands work more of the lockout portion of the movement.
Highly advanced lifters can try the prisoner single leg 45 degree hyper to hammer the hamstrings, or the barbell (or BC T-Bell) 45 degree hyper to utilize even greater loads. Each of the aforementioned variations are incredible and useful depending on the client and their goals."
- Bret Contreras
- Approx dimensions: 31 inches wide x 58 inches long x 44 inches high
- Weight: 102lbs
- Color: Black durable textured powder coated finish
- Padding colour: Black
- Strong 2 inch x 2 inch 11-gauge steel construction
- Recommended for use up to 500lbs (combined user weight and any additional load)
- Recommended for users between 5'0" and 6'6"
- 10-position laser engraved chrome plated height adjustment tube
- Steel footplate with non-slip coating (Approx dimensions: 16 inches tall x 20 inches wide)
- Includes a pair of band pegs to add additional loading to movements
- Double stitched vinyl pads, angled for optimum comfort and effectiveness
- Includes weight plate holders to add additional weight to the unit when performing heavy weighted or explosive movements (optional)
- Molded rubber feet to prevent movement during use and to protect flooring
- Some assembly required ( please click here for assembly instructions)